All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Triumph of Politics offers a comparative and historical interpretation of Venezuela's Chavez, Bolivia's Morales and Ecuador's Correa - South America's most prominent ‘21st century socialists'. It argues that the claims of these 21st century socialists should be taken seriously even though t necessarily at face value. The authors show how the consensual market oriented policymaking that characterized almost all of South America in the 1990s has w given way to something quite different. Polarization and intense political conflict have returned to much of the region. Although the Left has t always been the beneficiary of this changed pattern, the ‘21st century' governments of Chavez, Morales and Correa have been agenda setters. The questions raised by their emergence, style of governance and policy orientations resonate across Latin America and beyond. It is likely that the kind of politics with which they have been associated will be influential in the region for quite some time to come.
- Author BiographyGeorge Philip is Professor in Latin American Politics at the London School of Economics and Political Science. Francisco Panizza is Reader in Latin American Politics at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Author(s)Francisco Panizza,George Philip
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight368 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.