All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionAs bleak and agonizing a portrait of war as ever to appear on stage, The Trojan Women is a masterpiece of pathos as well as a timeless and chilling indictment of war's brutality. The only justice in war, Euripides seems to say, is punitive and nihilistic. Nicholas Rudall's compelling new translation continues his acclaimed work in interpreting classical drama for today's audiences.
- Author BiographyThe Plays for Performance series is edited by Nicholas Rudall, former artistic director of the Court Theatre at the University of Chicago where he is professor of classics, and Bernard Sahlins, founder and director of the Second City. They both live in Chicago, Illinois.
- PublisherIvan R Dee, Inc
- Date of Publication14/09/1999
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitlePlays for Performance
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIvan R Dee, Inc
- Weight99 g
- Width142 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Translated byNicholas Rudall
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.