Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGiving the author's own outlandish version of what really happened when he tangled with the three little pigs, this work is intended for ages 7+.
- Author BiographyMultiple award-winning author Jon Scieszka grew up in Flint, Michigan, the second oldest and the nicest of six boys. Jon went to school at Culver Military Academy in Indiana where he was a Lieutenant; Albion College in Michigan where he studied to be a doctor; and Columbia University in New York, where he received an M.F.A. in fiction. He taught elementary school in New York for ten years in a variety of positions. He is the author of many boks for children including the New York Times Best Illustrated Book The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales (illustrated by Lane Smith), the Caldecott Honor book The True Story of the Three Little Pigs (illustrated by Lane Smith), and Math Curse (illustrated by Lane Smith). In addition to his work as an author, Jon also runs a web-based literacy program called Guys Read that is designed to encourage boys, particularly reluctant readers, to get involved with books. In 2008, Jon was named the country's first National Ambassador for Young People's Literature, a joint effort of the Library of Congress and the Children's Book Council. During his two-year role as Ambassador, he acted as a spokesperson for children's literature, speaking to groups of parents, teachers, and children to encourage the importance of reading. You can visit Jon online at www. jsworldwide.com. Lane Smith's illustrations have appeared in many publications including, The Atlantic Monthly, The New York Times Magazine, The Boston Globe, Sierra, American Bookseller, The Progressive, Time, Newsweek, Mother Jones, and Ms. He is the illustrator of James and the Giant Peach (by Roald Dahl), the New York Times Best Illustrated Book The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales (by Jon Scieszka), and the Caldecott Honor book The True Story of the Three Little Pigs (by Jon Scieszka). He is also the author/illustrator of It's a Book, John, Paul, George & Ben, and Grandpa Green. You can visit him online at www. lanesmithbooks.com.
- Author(s)Jon Scieszka
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/1996
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPuffin Books
- Out-of-print date23/02/2005
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width216 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lane Smith
Most relevant reviews
- rsim378507 Feb, 2014by
A great story from the other side
I always thought the 3 little pigs were characterize as "the poor little pigs" until I read The True Story.
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $24.95Trending at AU $27.77
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.52
- AU $7.66Trending at AU $11.52
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $8.33Trending at AU $13.91
- AU $9.41Trending at AU $13.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.