All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe book deals with the origins of Vietnam, especially the Dongsonian civilization with its characteristic bronze drums. The year was 39 CE when the Lac people under the Trung's leadership revolted against the Chinese yoke and threw them out of Vietnam. The Trung Sisters reigned for almost three years when they had to face a new Chinese army sent to subdue them. The Trung Sisters were the first warriors and Queens to define the identity of the unique Vietnamese culture. They instilled and sowed the concepts of freedom and independence, seeds that took a long time to blossom. They showed the Lac that they were strong eugh by themselves to fight off foreigners if they worked hard eugh together. They told them to never despair, but to keep on charging and fighting centuries after centuries until they had achieved independence.
- Author BiographyNghia M. Vo is a writer and founder of Saigon Arts, Culture, & Education (SACEI), a non profit organization that strives to document Vietnamese-American culture through conferences, publications, and a website (www.sacei07.org). Best known as a translator from the Vietnamese, Nguyen Ngoc Bich is the author of A Thousand Years of Vietnamese Poetry (Alfred A. Knopf, 1975) and is currently Chairman of the National Congress of Vietnamese Americans (NCVA). His interest in current history is only recently redirected to major events in the history of Vietnam, of which the Trung Sisters' rebellion is an early landmark significant in terms of women's studies and feminism.
- Author(s)Nghia M Vo,Nguyen Ngoc Bich
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.