Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates Germany's real reasons for its involvement in the international Afghanistan intervention since 2001. The goal is to evaluate whether the main reason for the operation is defending its security by combatting international terrorism as German authorities have claimed or strengthening political and ecomic benefits. The research is based on an analysis of literature and official documents combined with findings from an empirical research trip to Kabul and Mazar-i-sharif in 2013. The author conducted exclusive personal interviews with high officials from the Afghan government and German authorities. The book concludes that Germanys decision of intervening in Afghanistan serves above all its politic ecomic interests. The security threat coming from Islamic terrorism can thus t be considered the main reason for the intervention. Nevertheless, the involvement in the conflict strengthened Germanys position in the NATO, which it regards as essential in the changing security environment. Moreover, this research revealed that the source of Germany's decision to intervene in Afghanistan was a discrepancy between elites and the public.
- Author BiographyAli Fahimi was born in 1987, immediately after his family's arrival in Germany, who sought political asylum from Afghanistan. Ali Fahimi got a Bachelor degree in Business Administration at the Nordakademie in Elmshorn. Driven by its interest for different cultures and economic systems, he lived, worked and studied in Havana and New York. Due to his passion for world politics the author did his master degree in Global Political Economy in London with focus on the war in Afghanistan. To find out the truth about Germany's interests in Afghanistan Ali Fahimi went on a research trip to Afghanistan in 2013. His political-economic knowledge together with his Afghan-German background motivated him, and permits a unique insight into Germany's role in this war.
- Author(s)Ali-Cina Fahimi
- PublisherAnchor Academic Publishing
- Date of Publication27/05/2014
- LanguageEnglish & German
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnchor Academic Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.