All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver wondered what Anne Boleyn's favourite tipple was or which pies Henry VIII gorged on to go from a 32-inch to a 54-inch waist? The Tudor Cookbook provides the answers to many such questions, presenting over 400 recipes from authentic period manuals. Dishes include starters, mains, deserts and drinks, from swan-neck soup to roasted-alive goose. It even covers vegetarian recipes: the Tudors designed dishes of vegetables to look like meat and could be cooked during religious festivals when abstinence from meat was required. The recipes have all been tried (apart from the illegal swan-based dishes) and include guidance on measurements and cooking methods. This fascinating book also includes over forty period illustrations.
- Author BiographyTerry Breverton is a former businessman, consultant and academic and now a full-time writer. Terry has presented documentaries on the Discovery Channel and the History Channel. Terry is the author of many books for Amberley on many subjects, including: Owain Glyndwr, Richard III, Jasper Tudor, Owen Tudor, Tudor recipes, Henry VII, Welsh history and the First World War. He lives near Maesycrugiau in Carmarthenshire.
- Author(s)Terry Breverton
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note45
- Weight340 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.