All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1898, Henry James wrote a vella that would become one of the most famous and critically discussed ghost stories ever written, The Turn of the Screw . Three other examples of James's tales of the supernatural, The Altar of the Dead, The Beast in the Jungle, and The Jolly Corner, are included in this edition. These texts reveal on both the thematic and narrative levels James's deepest concerns as a writer. The texts in this edition are all drawn from the New York Edition of James's works. The introduction traces the extensive critical debate around The Turn of the Screw , and situates the texts in contemporary discussions of the supernatural. Appendices include material on the tales' reception, James's writings on the supernatural, and the study of the supernatural in the 19th century.
- Author BiographyKimberly C. Reed is Professor of English at Lipscomb University and the co-editor with Peter C. Beidler of Approaches to Teaching Henry James's Daisy Miller and the Turn of the Screw (MLA, 2005).
- Author(s)Henry James
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKimberly C. Reed
- Edition StatementBroadview ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.