All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $12.90Free postage
- AU $13.04Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThe Turn of the Screw tells the story of a young governess sent to a country house to take charge of two orphans. Unsettled by a sense of intense evil in the house she soon becomes obsessed with the idea that something malevolent is stalking the children in her care. Meanwhile The Aspern Papers explores obsession of a more worldly kind, with its tale of a literary historian determined to get his hands on some letters written by a great poet. Such is his drive, he is quite prepared to use trickery and deception to achieve his aims...
- Author BiographyBorn in 1843, Henry James was of Scottish and Irish ancestry. He started writing short stories and reviews for American journals in 1875 and then went on to write some twenty highly popular and influential novels, including The Portrait of a Lady and The Bostonians. He died in 1916. Anthony Curtis is a literary journalist and critic. He has published a number of books about Somerset Maugham.
- Author(s)Henry James
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/06/2003
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Content Notenotes
- Weight202 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAnthony Curtis
- Introduction byAnthony Curtis
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.34Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.03Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.57Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.