All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor Teaford traces the perception of urban problems and the search for solutions from the turn of the century through the present, and examines the ways in which obstinate urban realities have stymied social planning. The second edition of The Twentieth-Century American City brings the story of urban America up to date through the early 1990s, with an analysis of recent attempts to revive aging central cities, and a look at a new form of development kwn as techburbs.
- Author BiographyJon C. Teaford is professor of history at Purdue University. He is the author of six previous books on the history of urban America, including The Rough Road to Renaissance: Urban Revitalization in America, 1940-1985 and The Twentieth-Century American City: Problem, Promise, and Reality, both available from Johns Hopkins.
- Author(s)Jon C. Teaford
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/1993
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleThe American Moment
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight312 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.