All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe inimitable duo of Russell Hoban and Quentin Blake tell a hilarious romp that begins with a wobbly table ...and ends with a bunch of dancing elephants! In this completely hilarious and gloriously absurd story, the pair behind the tales of Captain Najork explore just what happens when a man builds a new table ...a table sturdy eugh for even an elephant to dance on. This table, said the man. What about the table? said the woman. It's wearing me out, said the man. What to do? The man makes a decision. He finds a tablewood tree, cuts it down, saws it up and makes a new table. There's thing like a new table. This one is strong eugh for elephants! But... Where would we get the elephants? said the woman. Advertise in the Classified Section, said the man. Elephants wanted for table work. Must be agile. It looks as if the man and the woman might need some more tables! We could open a restaurant, said the man. A restaurant with dancing elephants ...where will it all lead?!
- Author BiographyRussell Hoban is the author of many famous novels, including Turtle Diary and Riddley Walker, which won the John W. Campbell Award for science fiction. He also wrote over 50 children's books, including such classics as The Mouse and His Child, The Sea-Thing Child and, most recently, Rosie's Magic Horse. Born in Pennsylvania in 1925, he moved in 1969 to London, where he lived until his death in 2011. Quentin Blake is one of the world's foremost illustrators, particularly renowned for his collaboration with writers such as Russell Hoban, Michael Rosen, Joan Aiken and Roald Dahl. His books have won numerous awards, including the Whitbread Prize, the Kate Greenaway Medal and the Hans Christian Andersen Award for Illustration. In 1999 he was appointed the first Children's Laureate, in 2005 was created a CBE and in 2013 received a knighthood for his services to illustration. He lives in South West London. Find him online at www.quentinblake.com and on twitter as @QuentinBlakeHQ.
- Author(s)Russell Hoban
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight128 g
- Width157 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Quentin Blake
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.11
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.55
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.69
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.69
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.41
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.