The Twitter Diaries: A Tale of 2 Cities, 1 Friendship, 140 Characters by Imogen Lloyd Webber, Georgie Thompson (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.25+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.76Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by book-a-brac
- Est. delivery by 29 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Twitter Diaries tells the story of pen pals for the 21st century. Two parallel lives separated by an ocean but united over a social network. Tuesday (@Tuesday Fields), a sports reporter and Stella (@StellaCavill), a men's shoe designer, are Brit 30-somethings who are introduced in NYC on NYE by a mutual friend, a torious transatlantic TV presenter. They strike up an instant bond. Over the next 365 days, @TuesdayFields and @StellaCavill put the world to rights, one tweet at a time. From Melbourne to Monaco to Magaluf, the girls flirt and fall out with sportsmen, movie stars...and TV presenters. And then there's their mothers...December 31st of the same year and @TuesdayFields and @StellaCavill meet again, for the first time since the last time. A lot can happen in a year. It turns out just 140 characters can change everything. The Twitter Diaries is an instantly recognisable yet fictitious tale all generations can relate to, whether they are one of the world's 140 million and counting transfixed Twitter users or t. Accessible, funny and heart-warming, it's this summer's must read.
- Author BiographyGeorgie Thompson lives in London where she is one of the female faces and voices of Sky Sports on British television. She is currently travelling the globe presenting Sky Sports F1 coverage. Previously she hosted Sky Sports News, anchoring the flagship programmes Afternoon Report and Evening Update from 3-7pm Tuesday to Friday. She is also a regular panellist alongside Freddie Flintoff, Jamie Redknapp and John Bishop on Sky 1's A League Of Their Own, presented by James Corden. A mixture of sports and comedy the show is in its fifth series. Her other roles with Sky Sports have seen her host the A1 Grand Prix motor racing series, US Open tennis, Speedway World Cup and other live outside broadcasts including The Goodwood Festival of Speed, Superset Tennis, Race of Champions at Wembley and The Ryder Cup. Georgie has written for a range of publications including The Times and a column for The Sunday Mirror. Having succumbed to the lure of Twitter last year she currently has a follower count of 500,000. Imogen Lloyd Webber lives in NYC where she is an on air political contributor for MSNBC, featuring on The Dylan Ratigan Show and across the network. Prior to this she was a liberal pundit for the Fox News and Fox Business Networks, appearing on programmes including The O'Reilly Factor, Hannity and Imus. Educated at Cambridge University, where she read history and labelled a petite polymath by the New York Post, Imogen has also been a special correspondent for EXTRA and a recurrent contributor on HLN's Showbiz Tonight. Other US radio and TV appearances include Access Hollywood (NBC), Good Morning America (ABC), The Morning Show (Fox) and assorted shows across the Sirius radio network. Imogen is the author of the non- fiction The Single Girl's Guide, which has been published worldwide including the UK, US, China, Italy, Germany, Australia and Russia. The Guide has recently been optioned by the producer Lloyd Levin (United 93, The Watchmen, Boogie Nights) and Imogen is currently adapting it for him into a screenplay. Imogen's freelance writing has been for publications as diverse as The Financial Times, The Sunday Times, The Daily Mail, The Huffington Post, Jane and Scarlet Magazine. She also produced the play Touched... For The Very First Time, starring Sadie Frost, which had an acclaimed run in London's West End in 2009. She doesn't have as many Twitter followers as Georgie but she can dream.
- Author(s)Georgie Thompson,Imogen Lloyd Webber
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Reader
- Weight273 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.