All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo Gentlemen of Verona is commonly agreed to be Shakespeare's first comedy, and probably his first play. A comedy built around the confusions of doubling, cross - dressing and identity, it is also a play about the ideal of male friendship and what happens to those friendships when men fall in love.William Carroll's engaging Introduction focuses on the traditions and sources that stand behind the play and explores Shakespeare's unique and bold treatment of them. Special attention is given to the strong female figure of Julia and the controversial final scene.
- Author BiographyWilliam C. Carroll is Professor of English at Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts. His publications include The Great Feast of Language in 'Love's Labour's Lost', The Metamorphoses of Shakespearean Comedy, and Fat King, Lean Beggar: Representations of Poverty in the Age of Shakespeare. In addition, he has edited Thomas Middleton's Women Beware Women for the New Mermaid series and Macbeth: Texts and Contexts for the Bedford Shakespeare.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication18/03/2004
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleThe Arden Shakespeare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArden Shakespeare
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byWilliam Carroll
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.32
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.36
- AU $24.31Trending at AU $28.16
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.