All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.83Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.74
- AU $45.83Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.10Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe U.S.S. <i>Monitor</i> was an entirely new type of warship when it launched in 1862. Dubbed the forefather of the modern Navy, this ironclad ship changed how wars are fought at sea. But on New Year's Eve, 1862, it sank off the coast of North Carolina in a terrible storm. No one thought the Monitor could be raised, but after 140 years, parts of the ironclad have finally been brought to the surface. This book chronicles the Monitor's revolutionary design, exciting battle, and intriguing excavation. Illustrated by Larry Day.
- Author BiographyGare Thompas has written many non-fiction books for young children, including <i>Who Was Helen Keller?</i> and <i>Who Was Eleanor Roosevelt?</i> Larry Day has illustrated many books for young readers, including <i>Not Afraid of Dogs</i> and <i>Bye-Bye Baby</i>.
- Author(s)Gare Thompson
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication25/07/2005
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG P Putnam's Sons
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.