All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers the US Marine Corps in the Vietnam War, centring on the structure and function of the two Fleet Marine Force (FMF) divisions and the corps command level, III Marine Amphibious Force (III MAF). This detailed examination of III MAF explores its infantry, armor, artillery, aviation, service and engineer elements. Author Ed Gilbert explains how they functioned and highlights tensions that arose in the command structure as the war progressed. He also illustrates how the two FMF divisions bore the brunt of the fighting in the more conventional war against Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army units, and the very different role of the four Combined Action Battalions based in Viatnamese Villages.
- Author BiographyEd Gilbert was a Marine Corps artilleryman and an NCO instructor in the USMC Reserve. He is the author of oral and operational histories of Marine Corps tank units in World War II and the Korean War, and he has written Osprey's Warrior 90: 'US Marine Corps Tank Crewman 1965-70'. He is currently at work on an oral history of Marine tank units in Vietnam, and a study of the mechanization of the Marine divisions in World War II. He lives in Texas, USA.
- Author(s)Ed Gilbert
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight304 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.