Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionRacially profiled and wrongfully imprisoned during his second year at Harvard Law School, hip-hop activist Bryonn Bain successfully sued the New York City Police Department and wrote the Village Voice cover story Walking While Black. Now Bain has taken his own disturbing experiences of racial profiling and personal demoralization and turned them into teachable moments for an entire nation. The Ugly Side of Beautiful takes an unflinching look at the injustices of our prison system and strives to help us think outside the cage.
- Author BiographyNamed one of the 30 Visionaries Under 30 Who are Changing Your Future by UTNE Reader Magazine, Bryonn Bain has been described by noted public intellectual Cornell West not only as a poet who speaks his truths with a power we desperately need to hear, but also as one of the leading legal minds of his generation.
- Author(s)Bain Bryonn
- PublisherThird World Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThird World Press,U.S.
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.