All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ultimate Classic FM Hall of Fame celebrates classical music's unique ability to stir the emotions of a listener - whether it's the haunting melodies of Gorecki's Symphony of Sorrowful Songs or Purcell's Dido and Aeneas; the passionately charged opening bars of Beethoven's Symphony No. 5; dramatic operas such as Puccini's La boheme; the moving sounds of Rachmaniv's Pia Concerto No. 2 and Mozart's Clarinet Concerto; beautiful ballet scores from Prokofiev and Tchaikovsky; or blockbuster film soundtracks composed by John Williams and Howard Shore.; This new edition of the Sunday Times bestseller celebrates the twentieth anniversary of the Classic FM Hall of Fame. With a fully updated chart of the nation's 300 favourite works, based on votes cast by millions of listeners over the past twenty years, a revised introduction and beautiful new illustrations, this definitive collection encompasses a rich variety of classical greats, contemporary masters, lesser-kwn treasures and outstanding British composers to provide a fascinating insight into our relationship with the music we love.; Darren Henley, Sam Jackson and Tim Lihoreau guide us through the world of classical music and the people responsible for creating and performing it. Combining fascinating histories and biographies, recommended recordings and the ranking of the 300 pieces themselves, this book is as relevant to a new listener discovering the joys of classical music as it is to long-time lovers of the genre. The Ultimate Classic FM Hall of Fame is a beautifully illustrated testament to the enduring power of classical music to inspire, entertain, relax and invigorate us.
- Author BiographyDarren Henley OBE is Chief Executive of Arts Council England and former Managing Director of Classic FM. He has written many books on music, including the Sunday Times-bestselling Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Classical Music... But Were Too Afraid to Ask. Tim Lihoreau is Classic FM's Creative Director, but will be better known to many listeners as the presenter of the station's Brighter Breakfast programme each weekday morning. He is co-author of The Classic FM Quiz Book, Stephen Fry's Incomplete and Utter History of Classical Music and many other titles. Sam Jackson is Managing Editor at Classic FM and is responsible for the station's music policy. He has written many books on classical music, including Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Classical Music... But Were Too Afraid To Ask.
- Author(s)Darren Henley,Sam Jackson,Tim Lihoreau
- PublisherElliott & Thompson Limited
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElliott & Thompson Limited
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1270 g
- Width196 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.