Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $42.99Trending at AU $63.24
- AU $38.99Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $41.10
- AU $50.82Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $80.42Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $6.10
About this product
- Product InformationArguably, and we love an argument, arguably three of the finest films on the subject of cycling are gathered here in the one package. "Hell On Wheels" covers the 2003 edition of the Tour de France from the perspective of Team Telekom, and two of its finest sons, Erik Zabel and Rolf Aldag. "Overcoming" focuses on the now legendary Team CSC through its leaders Ivan Basso, and the much-loved winner of 2008 edition, Carlos Sastre. The year in the film however is 2004, and Lance Armstrong's crown seems to be up for grabs. To round out the package, the first full length documentary of note is 1974's masterwork by Jorgen Leth, "A Sunday In Hell". This film looks closely at the Paris - Roubaix, the one day cycling classic that is a magnet to mad cyclists. These films are made by three talented directors from two key cycling nations - Germany,Denmark, and Denmark again. They offer insights into the technology, to the training, to the psychology - and to something more. There are glimpses into the souls of the cyclists, and into the essence of what makes people take on the brutal toughness of the sport. C'est magnifique!Synopsis - Hell on Wheels: A Tour for Heroes (2004) the 2003 tour de france was the 100th edition, and it was also the most exciting race in years. director, pepe danquart, chose 2003 to document the race through the highs and lows experienced by the deutsche telekom team focussing mainly on cyclists eric zaSynopsis - Overcoming (2005) Overcoming is a frank, no-holds-barred portrait of a world few people can imagine: a world in which even the toughest go under as the team strive to realize their ambition. With the classical narrative form from the world of fiction as our pattern, the roles will step into character one by one: the heroes, the villains, the champions, the rivals, the victims.
- TitleThe Ultimate Cycling Boxset
- Product Release Date29/05/2009
- Theatrical Release Year2009
- Number of Discs3
- ActorsAlexander Winokurow,Andreas Klden,Dieter Ruthenberg,Erik Zabel,Rolf Aldag,Steve Zampieri
- DirectorsPepe Danquart
- Rating InfoModerate Coarse Language
- Run Time320 minutes
- Primary GenreSports & Recreation
- Main Audio TypeDolby Digital
- Video FormatPAL
- Is Box SetYes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.