All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionSex, Lies, and Rocky Roads...Life is simple for Champa. He has a good job as a chauffeur in his hometown of Lhasa, and if his Chinese boss Plum is a little domineering, well, he can understand that - she's a serious art-collector after all. And he does get to drive her huge Toyota. When he starts to sleep with his boss as well as drive her around, life becomes a whole lot more complicated. But t in a bad way. Suddenly Champa's sex life is beyond his wildest dreams. But then Plum brings home a Tara statue - a statue that shines with exquisite feminine beauty - and suddenly life is t simple at all, as Champa finds himself on the long road to Beijing in search of its inspiration...The Unbearable Dreamworld of Champa The Driver is a rollicking road vel brim-ful of sensuality and danger. Underlying the optimism and humour of its hero is a darker picture of racism and rough justice in modern Beijing.
- Author BiographyChan Koonchung was born in Shanghai and raised in Hong Kong. His first novel, the dystopian THE FAT YEARS ('An all-encompassing metaphor for today's looming superpower' Observer) was highly acclaimed and published in thirteen territories. Chan Koonchung lives in Beijing.
- Author(s)Chan Koonchung
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Weight140 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byNicky Harman
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.