Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- Description'Shit happens', as the saying goes, but if you want to kw why it does, the Undercover Scientist is on hand to explain all. Making his way through one of those days when everything seems to go wrong, Peter Bentley investigates the fascinating science that lies behind the most apparently mundane mishaps - from sleeping through the alarm to battling with immovable superglue - and shows you how to fight back against these everyday disasters.
- Author BiographyProfessor Peter Bentley is one of the most creative thinkers in computer science, working with scientists of all different disciplines to model virtual experiments. He is Honorary Senior Research Fellow at the Department of Computer Science, University College London and is known for his prolific research covering all aspects of Evolutionary Computation and Digital Biology. He is the author of the popular science books The Book of Numbers (Cassell Illustrated), Digital Biology (Simon and Schuster USA), and the academic books The PhD Application Handbook, Evolutionary Design by Computers, Creative Evolutionary Systems and On Growth, Form and Computers. He is the host of the Royal Institution's monthly Cafe Scientifique, contributing editor for Wired UK and a regular contributor to programming for the BBC and Discovery Channel.
- Author(s)Peter J. Bentley
- Date of Publication04/06/2009
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight180 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.