All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the seabed off the coast of the West Indies and Mexico, artist Jason deCaires Taylor's 'living sculptures' are a permanent embellishment to the underwater landscape. Taylor casts life-size statues from materials used to encourage reef growth and sinks them to the ocean floor. Over time, the sculptures attract corals, algae and a diverse variety of fish species and evolve into beautiful and surreal installations that adapt with their environment. This book offers a glimpse onto these awe-inspiring creations, in shots of the sculptures at various stages in their metamorphosis, plus informative text and images about the practicalities of the artist's process. An immersive tour of Taylor's underwater sculpture parks, this collection is a dazzling visual treat for ocean enthusiasts, environmentalists and art lovers.
- Author BiographyJason deCaires Taylor is an artist, underwater naturalist and photographer based in Puerto Morelos, Mexico. In 2006, Taylor founded and created the world's first underwater sculpture park off the coast of Grenada in the West Indies. Five years later National Geographic listed it as one of the Top 25 Wonders of the World. Numerous publications and documentaries have featured his extraordinary work, including The Guardian, Vogue, the BBC, CNN and the Discovery Channel.
- Author(s)Jason deCaires Taylor
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content Note100 photographs
- Weight612 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.09Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.