Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionThe Undressed is a poetry collection inspired by a cache of antique nude photographs of women. King studied the photographs ranging from the 1840s to the 1930s and attempted to return voices to these mostly anymous women lost to history. Meet Olive, the silent movie star, Karolina, 'The Folding Girl of Kotka', and Mary, the prostitute who hopes the judge she's due to stand before will turn out to be a client...
- Author BiographyJemma L. King is a founding member of the Centre for Women, Writing and Literary Culture and has read and published her work internationally. Her debut collection The Shape of a Forest was shortlisted for the Dylan Thomas Prize, the Wales Book of the Year and The Roland Mathias Prize. She was also selected as a Scritture Giovanni Fellow. She won The Terry Hetherington Award for her poem on Amelia Earhart. She is currently living in north Wales.
- Author(s)Jemma L. King
- PublisherParthian Books
- Date of Publication06/06/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCardigan
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintParthian Books
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight249 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.