All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians in Oklahoma, 65 percent of whose members are full-blooded Indians, asserts that it predates the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma and represents the real Cherokees. The Bureau of Indian Affairs recognized the Band as the only legal entity among the Cherokee Tribe, yet, the Cherokee Nation, 90 percent of whose members are less than one-quarter Indian blood quantum, usurped the Band's sovereignty. In a David and Goliath struggle, the United Keetoowahs battle for self-determination against their politically powerful and numerically superior adversary.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Georgia Rae Leeds is an adjunct Professor at Northeastern State University in Oklahoma and a history teacher at Muskogee High School. She received her Ph.D. from the University of Oklahoma.
- Author(s)Georgia Rae Leeds
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 9: History
- Series Part/Volume Number184
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note11 tabl.
- Weight440 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.