Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume traces the events and personalities that led to the creation of the United Nations and analyzes the period spanning the tenure of its first secretary-general, Trygve Lie. It is also, in part, a book about the Cold War. The author shows that the end of Great Power cooperation prevented the United Nations from taking an active role in promoting international cooperation, and that, instead, it became an arena for contesting some of the most dangerous confrontations between the Soviet Union and the West.
- Author BiographyDr. Anthony G. Gaglione was Professor of Political Science at East Stroudsburg University (East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania).
- Author(s)Anthony M. Gaglione
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication23/10/2001
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitlePartners for Peace
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.1
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note2 illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width143 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.