All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition includes updated and enhanced information on the most recent topics added to the Pony Club curriculum, including land conservation, horse health and safety, nutrition and veterinary topics, better organization for easy reference, and a full update of critical developments in riding, instruction, and competition. This manual, the third of the United States Pony Club Manuals of Horsemanship, builds on the fundamentals covered in Basics for Beginners/D Level and Intermediate Horsemanship/C Level. Whether you are a Pony Clubber who has passed the C Level tests, a rider who has mastered the same skills, a riding instructor or a stable manager, this manual will enable you to increase your skills and teach you what you need to kw to ride with correct, classical technique in advanced work on the flat, over fences, and in the open; to evaluate and school horses; to teach horsemanship; and to manage a stable efficiently. Written for the North American horseman, this manual emphasizes sound fundamentals and classical methods based on kwledge of the horse and its systems. Whether you wish to compete in dressage, show jumping, combined training, or other horse sports; to train horses, teach riding, manage a stable, or simply enjoy horses and horsemastership at an advanced level, The United States Pony Club Manual of Horsemanship: Advanced Horsemanship/B, HA, A Levels will give you a clear and understandable guide. The USPC B Level is for active Pony Clubbers or horsepersons who are interested in acquiring further kwledge and proficiency in all phases of riding and horse care. The A, the highest rating, is divided into two parts: the HA, which covers teaching, training, and stable management, and the A, which covers advanced riding and schooling of horses at all levels. Many A Level Pony Clubbers have gone on to qualify for the United States Equestrian Team in various disciplines.
- Author BiographyThe United States Pony Club is among the largest equestrian organizations in the United States, with thousands of members in clubs and centers across the country. Susan E. Harris is an international clinician, riding instructor, and artist. She has taught all seats and styles of riding and travels worldwide to give riding clinics and instructor-training courses in Centered Riding and Anatomy in Motion. In 2004 she was honored as a Master Instructor by the American Riding Instructor Association.
- Author(s)Susan E. Harris
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication10/10/2012
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight998 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.