Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.82Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe United States and China offers the first comprehensive synthesis of the history of U.S.-Chinese relations from initial contact to the present. Balancing the modern (1784-1949) and contemporary (1949- ) periods, Dong Wang retraces centuries of interaction between two of the world's great powers from the perspective of both sides. She examines state-to-state diplomacy, as well as ecomic, social, military, religious, and cultural interplay within varying national and international contexts. As China itself continues to grow in global importance, so does the U.S.-Chinese relationship, and this book provides an essential grounding for understanding its past, present, and possible futures.
- Author BiographyDong Wang is professor of contemporary Chinese history and director of the Centre for East Asian Studies at the University of Turku in Finland.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2013.
- Author(s)Dong Wang
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication30/01/2013
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleAsia/Pacific/Perspectives
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.