All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionA penetrating new examination of the triangular political and cultural relationship between America, Britain, and continental Europe. This relationship is both fraught and dynamic. Post-war reconstruction of Europe brought integration. Creating a 'United States of Europe' was a goal shared by many Americans. Yet the contemporary 'War on Terror', has redefined relationships between America, Britain, 'old' and 'new' Europe. For Britain, the Channel seems wider than the Atlantic, although geopolitically it is part of Europe. This book brings together experts from Britain, Europe and America to explore the complexities of contemporary cultural and political relationships, considering the challenges that have been met and those that have to be faced.
- Author BiographyJohn Baylis is Professor of Politics and International Relations at the Department of American Studies, University of Wales, Swansea. His research interests include Anglo-American Relations, Nuclear History and Arms Control. He is the author of over 20 books including Anglo-American Defence Relations (1984) and Anglo-American Relations since 1939: The Enduring Alliance (1994). Jon Roper is Professor of American Studies at Swansea University. His research interests include American political ideas, the Presidency and the impact of war on American politics, culture and society. He has published Democracy and its Critics (1989), The American Presidents (2000) and The Contours of American Politics (2002).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2006
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleContemporary Security Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJohn Baylis,Jon Roper
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.