All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Library of America continues its acclaimed Kerouac editions with this remarkable gathering of previously unpublished writings, including two vellas originally written in the French-Canadian dialect joual. This unprecedented collection offers intimate glimpses of the growth of Kerouac's mind and art, revealing him, for the first time, to have been essentially an immigrant writer, one whose extraordinary style emerged as a fusion of his native and adopted languages.
- Author BiographyTodd Tietchen, editor, is Associate Professor of Englishat the University of Massachusetts, Lowell. He editedJack Kerouac s The Haunted Life and Other Writings(2014) and the Library of America volume Kerouac: Visions of Cody, Visions of Gerard, Big Sur (2015). Jean-Christophe Cloutier, translator, is Assistant Professor ofEnglish at the University of Pennsylvania. He edited Lavie est d hommage(2016), a comprehensive volume of Kerouac soriginal French writings.
- Author(s)Jack Kerouac
- PublisherThe Library of America
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Library of America
- Weight522 g
- Width124 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byTodd Tietchen
- Translated byJean-Christophe Cloutier
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.