All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe Unlikely Settler is about a young Bengali journalist who moves to Jerusalem with her English-Jewish husband and two children. He speaks Arabic and is an arch-believer in the peace process; she leaves her career behind to follow his dream. Jerusalem propels Pelham into a world where freedom from tribal allegiance is a challenging prospect. From the school you choose for your children to the wine you buy, you are forced to take sides at every turn. Pelham's intelligent analysis suggests a very different approach to a possible resolution of the conflict.
- Author BiographyLipika Pelham was born and raised on the border between Bangladesh and India, and in the past twenty years has lived in England, Morocco, Jordan, and Israel. In her early twenties she joined the BBC World Service and reported from India, Bangladesh, the Philippines, Morocco, and Israel. In 2005 Lipika moved with her family to Jerusalem, where she became a documentary filmmaker, winning among other prizes the prestigious Centre Mediterraneen de la Communication Audiovisuelle Prix Special du Jury in 2010.
- Author(s)Lipika Pelham
- PublisherOther Press LLC
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOther Press LLC
- Content Note1
- Weight687 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.