The Unofficial Mad Men Cookbook: Inside the Kitchens, Bars, and Restaurants of Mad Men by Judy Gelman, Peter Zheutlin (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionUNOFFICIAL AND UNAUTHORIZED Dine like Draper and Drink like Sterling with More Than 70 Recipes from the Kitchens, Bars, and Restaurants Seen on Mad Men Ever wish you could mix an Old Fashioned just the way Don Draper likes it? Or prepare Oysters Rockefeller and a martini the way they did fifty years ago at one of Roger Sterling's favorite haunts, The Grand Central Oyster Bar? Ever wonder how Joan Harris manages to prepare a perfect crown roast in her tiny apartment kitchen? Or about the connection between Jackie Kennedy's 1962 White House tour and Betty Draper's Valentine's Day room service order? The Ufficial Mad Men Cookbook serves up more than 70 recipes to satisfy a Mad Men appetite! From the tables of Manhattan's most legendary restaurants and bars to the Drapers' Around the World dinner, this book is your entree to the culinary world of Man Men-era New York. Packed with period detail, The Ufficial Mad Men Cookbook provides invaluable historical and cultural context for the food and drink featured in the show, tips on throwing a successful '60s cocktail party, and even a guide to favored Mad Men hangouts. Every recipe inside is authentic to the time. Whether you're planning a Mad Men-themed dinner party, need to mix up some authentic Mad Men cocktails, or just can't get eugh of the show itself, this is your essential resource, a guide to all foods and drinks Mad Men. So hang up your coat, pour yourself a cocktail, and get ready to dine like Draper and drink like Sterling with The Ufficial Mad Men Cookbook. Includes a color photo insert of 16 dishes, plus additional black and white photos and other images of bars, restaurants, and food advertisements from the 1960s. RECIPES INCLUDE: * Playboy Whiskey Sour * Sardi's Steak Tartar * Connie's Waldorf Salad * Sal's Spaghetti and Meatballs * Pat Nixon's Date Nut Bread * Lindy's Cherry Cheesecake
- Author BiographyJudy Gelman is co-author of The Book Club Cookbook: Recipes and Food for Thought from Your Book Club's Favorite Books and Authors (Penguin, 2004), the first cookbook designed for book discussion groups. The second edition of The Book Club Cookbook will be published in 2012. She is also co-author The Kids' Book Club Book: Reading Ideas, Activities, and Smart Tips for Organizing Terrific Kids' Book Clubs (Penguin, 2007) and Table of Contents: From Breakfast with Anita Diamant to Dessert with James Patterson - a Generous Helping of Recipes, Writings and Insights from Today's Bestselling Authors (Adams, 2010). She is co-creator of bookclubcookbook.com and kidsbookclubbook.com. She speaks about cooking, food and reading to book and food enthusiasts across the country. Peter Zheutlin is the author of Around the World on Two Wheels: Annie Londonderry's Extraordinary Ride (Citadel Press, 2007) and the co-author, with Thomas B. Graboys, M.D., of Life in the Balance: A Physician's Memoir of Life, Love and Loss with Parkinson's Disease and Dementia (Union Square Press, 2008). He is also the co-author, with Robert P. Smith, of Riches Among the Ruins: Adventures in the Dark Corners of the Global Economy (Amacom, 2009). Mr. Zheutlin has also written for The Boston Globe, The Christian Science Monitor, The Los Angeles Times, The New England Quarterly and numerous other publications in the U.S. and abroad.
- Author(s)Judy Gelman,Peter Zheutlin
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication22/12/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, colour illustrations
- Weight557 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.