All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn 'Upanisad' is a teaching session with a guru, and these thirteen texts, the 'Principal Upanisads', form a series of philosophical discourses between teacher and student that question the inner meaning of the world. Composed from around the eighth century BCE, the Upanisads have been central to the development of Hinduism, and explore the central doctrines of rebirth, karma, overcoming death, and achieving detachment, equilibrium and spiritual bliss. Speaking to the reader in direct, unadorned prose or lucid verse, they embody humanity's perennial search for truth and kwledge.
- Author BiographyValerie Roebuck is a Buddhist, practising and teaching meditation in the Samatha tradition. She is currently the Honorary Secretary of Manchester Interfaith Forum and an Honorary Research Associate of the University of Mancheste and author of The Circle of Stars: An Introduction to Indian Astrology (Element Books, 1992).
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2004
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight404 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byValerie J. Roebuck
- Translated byValerie J. Roebuck
- Introduction byValerie J. Roebuck
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.