All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionWith the advent of charter schools in the United States, the face of public education has changed in this country. From its early beginning in Minnesota to its exponential growth in California the charter school movement has generated much controversy. It has been praised for its accomplishments, and criticized for its creaming of students. Over 130,000 students attend nearly 250 charter schools in the city of Los Angeles. This book presents an in-depth look at seventeen of those schools - urban schools that are making a difference in the lives of the students and families they serve. Readers will encounter a group of dedicated educational pioneers who are committed and passionate about their schools. These are people who have sacrificed much, and put their lives on hold to develop and implement schools that meet the needs of all students regardless of ecomic circumstance or background. From people who have mortgaged their homes to attain financing for their dream, to some that have changed careers to improve the quality of education for children and young adults.
- Author BiographyJoseph Scollo is a recently retired full-time lecturer of educational leadership, and co-director of the Charter and Autonomous School Leadership Academy at California State University Dominguez Hills (CSUDH). Dona Stevens is an adjunct professor of school leadership at CSUDH, and was a former interim area superintendent for the Los Angeles Unified School District. Ellen Pomella is a retired school administrator, and is currently working as a consultant for the Los Angeles School Development Institute.
- Author(s)Dona Stevens,Ellen Pomella,Joseph Scollo
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication03/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight331 g
- Width153 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.