Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $376.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionHow does the city's urban fabric relate to crime and fear, and how is that fabric affected by crime and fear? Does the urban environment affect one's decision to commit an offence? Is there a victimisation-related inequality within cities? How do crime and fear interrelate to inequality and segregation in cities of developing countries? What are the challenges to planning cities which are both safe and sustainable? This book searches for answers to these questions in the nature of the city, particularly in the social interactions that take place in urban space distinctively guided by different land uses and people's activities. In other words, the book deals with the urban fabric of crime and fear. The velty of the book is to place safety and security issues on the urban scale by (1) showing links between urban structure, and crime and fear, (2) illustrating how different disciplines deal with urban vulnerability to (and fear of) crime (3) including concrete examples of issues and challenges found in European and North American cities, and, without being too extensive, also in cities of the Global South.
- Date of Publication18/07/2014
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note20 black & white tables, biography
- Weight563 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byVania Ceccato
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.