All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn authoritative volume on the most invative new residential design in cities around the globe. This carefully curated book presents twenty-five new and recent spaces for city living. Author Ron Broadhurst has selected projects that represent a set of ideas that can be described as belonging particularly to our time and which will shape how we think of living in the city in the future. Where the great experimenters of the last century were stripping away ornamentation and creating free-flowing spaces for the first time, today's invators are pioneering research in the potential of new materials for both formal invention and environmental sustainability and creating bold and sophisticated essays in the adaptive reuse of spaces originally designed for other purposes. With the newest work from such design luminaries as Andree Putman, Annabelle Selldorf, and Richard Meier, as well as emergent talents like Barbara Bestor and Messana O'Rorke, The Urban House is a uniquely coherent volume on the best in new residential design.
- Author BiographyRon Broadhurst is the author of Houses: Modern Natural/Natural Modern and Next Houses: Architecture for the Twenty-First Century. Pritzker Prize-winner Richard Meier is a world-renowned architect whose five-volume monograph was published by Rizzoli.
- Author(s)Richard Meier,Ron Broadhurst
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication07/01/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note250 Colour and 50 Black and White Illustrations
- Weight1297 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.