All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost archaeologists and historians of the ancient Near East have focused on the internal transformations that led to the emergence of early cities and states. In The Uruk World System, Guillermo Algaze concentrates on the unprecedented and wide-ranging process of external expansion that coincided with the rapid initial crystallization of Mesopotamian civilization. In this extensive study, he contends that the rise of early Sumerian polities cannot be understood without also taking into account the developments in surrounding peripheral areas. This new edition includes a substantial new chapter that explores recent data and interpretations of the expansion of Uruk settlements across Syro-Mesopotamia.
- Author BiographyGuillermo Algaze, a MacArthur Fellow, is professor and chair of the Department of Anthropology at the University of California, San Diego.
- Author(s)Guillermo Algaze
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2005
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight524 g
- Width218 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.