All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook puts sport in the spotlight of cultural inquiry for the first time. The authors provide the essential resources for the study of sport within culture and popular culture. Sport is an important part of cultural life, yet until recently it has tended to remain on the margins of academic cultural studies. Beginning by considering sport in relation to the pre-cultural studies tradition of cultural commentary, The Uses of Sport then moves on to a critical engagement with a number of themes relevant to contemporary cultural studies including: community and social capital, cultural populism, cultural materialism, visual culture and film, and postmodernism and citizenship. As sport continues to gain cultural and academic significance, this textbook will become the definitive resource for students and scholars of cultural studies, sociology, and sport and leisure studies.
- Author BiographyJohn Hughson is Principal Research Fellow in Cultural Studies at Wolverhampton. Marcus Free is Senior Lecturer in Media and Cultural Studies at Wolverhampton. David Inglis is Lecturer in Sociology at Aberdeen.
- Author(s)David Inglis,John Hughson,Marcus W. Free
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2004
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.