All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpanning four centuries, the V&A's Fashion Collection is the most comprehensive in the world, housing unrivaled collections of dress,accessories, shoes and hats from the 17th century to the present day. This thoroughly revised and redesigned edition shows the collection, from rare eighteenth-century gowns and exquisite bodices to 1930s evening wear, post-war couture, and showstopping ensembles by contemporary designers. Among the designers featured are Charles Frederick Worth, Madeleine Vionnet, Coco Chanel, Cristobal Balenciaga, Christian Dior, Mary Quant, Stephen Jones, Vivienne Westwood, and Alexander McQueen.
- Author BiographyClaire Wilcox is Senior Curator of the Department of Furniture, Textiles & Fashion at the V&A and Professor in Fashion Curation at the London College of Fashion, University of the Arts London. She has curated many exhibitions including Vivienne Westwood (2004), The Golden Age of Couture (2007) and co-curated Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty (2014).Jenny Lister is a Curator of Textiles and Fashion at the V&A. She co-curated the V&A exhibitions Swinging Sixties and Grace Kelly Style and co-edited the accompanying books.
- PublisherV & A Publishing
- Date of Publication03/10/2016
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintV & A Publishing
- Content Note170
- Weight794 g
- Width200 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byClaire Wilcox,Jenny Lister
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.