All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- Description- Detailed instructions for creating a home that harmonizes with the natural and spiritual energies of its environment - Unlike feng shui, which favors adding andquot;curesandquot; to cover existing problems, vaastu (like holistic medicine) focuses on fixing underlying problems for the health of the entire system - By the director of the foremost vaastu center in India - Includes 100 line drawings to make all the complexities of vaastu understandable to a beginner Feng shui practitioners are quickly discovering vaastu, the Indian art of environmental design that helps you create a home that is in harmony with the natural and spiritual energies surrounding it. Until w, books on vaastu have told you where to place your doors or ponds without fully explaining the rationale behind this. The Vaastu Workbookpresents vaastu as it was meant to be understood--as an interconnected part of the great Indian tradition of sacred kwledge, along with yoga, ayurveda, and astrology. Using hundreds of clear line drawings, The Vaastu Workbooktakes you through every conceivable vaastu situation, exploring the dos and don'ts of window and door placement, interior design, street focus, directional facing, landscaping, and much more. Introductory chapters provide a thorough grounding in the basics of Indian astrology, the five elements, and the healing tradition of ayurveda, all of which is necessary to truly understand the details of vaastu. With this kwledge in hand, even a beginner can quickly learn how to design a new home--or revate an existing one--in order to bring peace, prosperity, and happiness to those who live there.
- Author BiographyDr. Talavane Krishna practiced medicine in the United States for 16 years before returning to India, where he now directs the Indus Valley Foundation, a nonprofit organization in Mysore dedicated to promoting ayurveda and vaastu worldwide and arranged according to vaastu specifications.
- Author(s)Talavane Krishna
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication27/09/2001
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDestiny Books,U.S.
- Content Note100 b&w illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width203 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.