All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
About this product
- DescriptionThe Vacant Casualty is t prepared, authorized, licensed, approved, or endorsed by the author or the publishers of The Casual Vacancy. Nothing ever seems to happen in the sleepy English town of Mumford -- unless you count the man with the axe in his back, staggering down the street getting blood everywhere and leaving a vacancy on the Parish Council ...Into the fray steps Detective Inspector Bradley of the C.I.D. Although he appears to be a plodding buffoon, incapable of detecting his own backside, that is exactly what he is. But when he teams up with an alcoholic, drug-addled writer researching a detective vel, together they will blunder towards the identity of the 'vacant casualty'. They just hope to get there before everyone in the town is murdered. In this potty-mouthed, depraved, disrespectful parody, strewn with casual violence and sexual deviancy, you will discover aliens, farting tea-ladies, car chases, serial killers and lashings and lashings of tortoise milk. But immigrants. This is the countryside, after all.
- Author BiographyPatty O'Furniture is the pseudonym of Arthur Fellowsnippe-Hopmyrtle, which is in turn the pseudonym of bestselling humour writer Bruno Vincent, co-author (with Jon Butler) of Do Ants Have Arseholes? and 101 other bloody ridiculous questions, as well as the author of A Christmas Carol II: CONTAGION, The Secret Diary of Mario Balotelli and several other titles. Bruno Vincent is the pseudonym of Prof. James Russet, who has been shortlisted for the James Tait Black Memorial Prize on no fewer than three occasions, most recently for his biography of the Arabian mathematician Abu al-Wafa Buzjani, in 1965. He has also written under the names Owly 'Owl' McOwlsquirrel Owlington, Sir Ogbert Rowingboat-Upsplatter and Jacques Derrida.
- Author(s)Patty O'Furniture
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBoxtree Ltd
- Out-of-print date04/08/2015
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementUnabridged
- Interest AgeFrom 15 To 90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.