All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- Description<b><b><i>*</i>Named one of<b><i>Wall Street Journal</i>'sBest Books of 2015<i>*</i>Selected as a<b><i>Military Times</i>'sBest Book of the Year</b></b> An intricate mystery unfolds against the backdrop of the Afghanistan war in this former Army Captain's gripping portrait of a fighting division holding a remote outpost.</b><i> You're going up the Valley. </i> Black didn't kw its name, but he knew it lay deeper and higher than any other place Americans had ventured. You had to travel through a network of interlinked valleys, past all the other remote American outposts, just to get to its mouth. Everything about the place was myth and rumor, but one fact was clear: There were many valleys in the mountains of Afghanistan, and most were hard places where people died hard deaths. But there was only one Valley. It was the farthest, and the hardest, and the worst. When Black, a deskbound admin officer, is sent up the Valley to investigate a warning shot fired by a near-forgotten platoon, he can only see it as the final bureaucratic insult in a short and unhappy Army career. What he doesn't kw is that the warning shot was t the worst crime in the Valley before his arrival, and his investigation will t only disturb the platoon's dark secrets but launch a shattering personal odyssey of obsession and discovery. <i>The Valley</i>is a mind-bending mystery and a riveting tour de force that anunces John Renehan as a great American storyteller.
- Author Biography<b>John Renehan</b>served in the Army's Third Infantry Division as a field artillery officer in Iraq. He previously worked as an attorney in New York City. He lives with his family in Virginia. This is his first novel.
- Author(s)John Renehan
- PublisherDutton Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDutton Books
- Weight340 g
- Width135 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.