All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1990, Dr Andrew Rynne was shot by a man on whom he had carried out a vasectomy eight years previously. The Vasectomy Doctor begins with a description of that terrifying attempt on his life and ends with an explanation of why it might have happened. The book takes the reader through a life begun on a farm in County Kildare, through Rynne's early education and medical training where he augmented his school fees by playing tin-whistle and singing traditional music (later touring with Christy Moore) and through his professional career where he was a tireless agitator for the liberalisation of birth control. Against all odds and in the face of opposition from both peers and clergy he tells of being the first doctor in Ireland to carry out a vasectomy (over the past 30 years he has carried out some 25,000 such operations) and highlights the challenges and joys he has experienced along the way.
- Author BiographyDr Andrew Rynne was born in County Kildare and studied medicine at the Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin. Following an internship and vasectomy training in Ontario, Canada, he returned to begin general practice in Kildare, where he still works. He writes a weekly opinion column for the Irish Medical News and has appeared frequently on both radio and television.
- Author(s)Andrew Dr. Rynne
- PublisherThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date14/09/2011
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight244 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.