Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionBrill authors Leen Spruit and Pina Totaro discovered the original manuscript of Spiza's Ethica in the Vatican library. This spectacular discovery attracted a lot of media attention. This edition will be published in Brill's Texts and Sources on Intellectual History (BSIH) in August. The Vatican codex, which contains the complete text of Spiza's Ethics, is the only surviving manuscript of this work and constitutes a document of great importance, as it predates the publication of the Opera Posthuma, which appeared in the first months of 1678.
- Author BiographyLeen Spruit received his PhD at the University of Amsterdam (1987), and is now lecturer of Dutch language and literature at the Sapienza University in Rome; publications include Il problema della conoscenza in Giordano Bruno (Naples 1988) and Species intelligibilis. From Perception to Knowledge (Leiden 1994-95); Catholic Church and Modern Science. Documents from the Roman Archives of the Holy Office and the Index, vol. I: The Sixteenth Century, 4 tomes, (Rome 2009, with Ugo Baldini) Pina Totaro is senior research fellow at the Italian Research Council (ILIESI-CNR) in Rome; she has extensively published on the history of early modern philosophy, in particular Descartes and Spinoza; her publications include an annotated Italian translation of Spinoza's Theological-Politial Treatise (Naples, Bibliopolis, 2007), a reprint of Spinoza's Posthumous Works (Macerata, Quodlibet, 2008), and Instrumenta mentis. Contributi al lessico filosofico di Spinoza (Firenze, Olschki, 2009).
- Author(s)Leen Spruit,Pina Totaro
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- Languageeng, lat
- Series TitleBrill's Studies in Intellectual History / Brill's Texts and Sources in Intellectual History
- Series Part/Volume Number205/11
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight672 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.