Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionSteven Saylor's historical mysteries set in ancient Rome and featuring investigator Gordianus the Finder enjoy a widespread following in America. Robinson is publishing the whole series - five vels to date - in the UK. The Venus Throw is the fourth vel in the series to be published in Britain. The fifth, Murder on the Appian Way, is available in hardback or paperback. On a cold January evening in 50 BC, two strangers enter Rome - one an Egyptian ambassador, the other a eunuch priest. Both are seeking Gordianus the Finder, who has a reputation for solving murders. But the ambassador, a philosopher named Dio, asks for something that Gordianus cant give him - help to stay alive. Before the night is out, Dio is brutally assassinated. Now Gordianus begins the most dangerous case of his career. Hired to investigate Dio's murder by a beautiful woman with a scandalous reputation, he must follow a trail of intrigue into the highest circles of political power and the city's secret arenas of debauchery. There he will learn that thing is as it seems - t the damning evidence he uncovers, r the suspect he sends to trial, r the real truth behind Dio's death which is shrouded in secrets of the heart as well as the state. Saylor brings the people and the politics of Ancient Rome to convincing life, in the middle of a fast-moving and compelling mystery.
- Author BiographySteven Saylor's fascination with Ancient Rome began in childhood. A history graduate and former newspaper and magazine editor, he has now completed numerous novels featuring Gordianus the Finder. He lives in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Steven Saylor
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication25/08/2005
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleRoma Sub Rosa
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobinson Publishing
- Out-of-print date30/11/2016
- Weight278 g
- Width121 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.