All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPoetry. This second volume of William Everson's Collected Poems includes five books, as well as a selection of uncollected and previously unpublished poems. Albert Gelpi, of Stanford University, has commented that if T.S. Eliot is the most important religious poet in English in the first half of the twentieth century, Everson/Antoninus is the most important religious poet of the second half of the twentieth century. In his 1978 preface to The Veritable Years, Everson wrote, The second part, from my mid-thirties to my fifties, was dominated by God, and stands in antithetical relationship to the first. I have called this work of this period The Veritable Years because it represents a man's attempt to break the residual power of the past, achieve union with a metaphysical Absolute possessing intrinsic veritability on its own terms, beyond the power of process. Includes a bibliography, chrology and index.
- Author(s)William Everson
- PublisherDavid R. Godine Publisher Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/1998
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationSanta Rosa, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Sparrow Press,U.S.
- Weight662 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.