All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.25Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe four men who ran covert operations for the CIA during the early years were kwn as the clique . They came from an elite class that believed it was their duty in life to run the world; it was the lesson they learned from winning World War II, and it was their job in Washington. This was the high age of the CIA, when it was the president's personal action arm, overthrowing governments, bribing heads of state, and plotting assassinations in a global secret war against communism. Author Evan Thomas goes behind the scenes to recreate the personal drama of the four glamorous and ultimately tragic figures:. Because they operated in secret, these men are t well kwn to history, but within the inner circles of Washington, they were regarded as the best and the brightest. Their fall was a great personal tragedy with momentous consequences: the reckless acts of these men nearly plunged the United States into World War III during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and their plots have fueled conspiracy theorists ever since. Drawing on extensive interviews with old spooks and the social friends and family of his subjects, Thomas has written a highly readable narrative that brings to life a crucial piece of American history.
- Author BiographyEvan Thomas is the author of The Very Best Men: Four Who Dared: The Early Years of the C.I.A.; Robert Kennedy: His Life; The War Lovers: Roosevelt, Lodge, Hearst and the Rush to Empire, 1989; Sea of Thunder: The Last Great Naval Command, 1941-1945; and John Paul Jones. His most recent book is Ike's Bluff: President Eisenhower's Secret Battle to Save the World.
- Author(s)Evan A. Thomas
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication16/07/2007
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Note8-pp photo insert
- Weight405 g
- Width139 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.