All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a powerful and inspirational challenge to the Western Church to take the systematic, symbolic and comprehensive attacks on Christians of all deminations around the world seriously. That Christians are persecuted in various parts of the world is well-kwn. Less often documented are the violent, systematic attacks on churches and holy sites. Part of an historic process, places of Christian worship have been destroyed over the centuries, from the middle ages through the Armenian gecide and the assaults on Christians in the Middle East and Turkey through to the present day. This book focuses on the continuing attacks on Christian communities in many parts of the world today. Baroness Cox presents graphic photographs and survivors' accounts as testimony to widespread destruction, and provides powerful documentary evidence of contemporary persecution. This is a powerful challenge to the rest of the Church, and advocates of religious freedom, to take these attacks on Christians of all deminations seriously. She writes, ' other belief tradition has suffered such sustained assaults - or been so silent about violence perpetrated against its own people.' Though painful, the contents combine to provide a moving celebration of the resilience of the human spirit and the Christian faith.
- Author BiographyBenedict Rogers is a writer and human rights activist, working with Christian Solidarity Worldwide. He is the author of several books including Than Shwe: Unmasking Burma's Tyrant (Silkworm Books, 2010) and co-author with Joseph D'souza of On the Side of the Angels: Justice, Human Rights and Kingdom Mission (Authentic, 2008). A regular speaker in churches, schools, universities and conferences around the world, he is also a contributor to international media, and an Associate of the Institute for Religion and Society in Asia. Baroness (Caroline) Cox was created a Life Peer in 1982 for her contributions to education and has served as a Deputy Speaker of the House of Lords from 1985 to 2005. Lady Cox now sits in the Lords as a crossbencher and is a frequent contributor to Lords debates on Sudan, India, Nigeria, Uganda, and Burma.
- Author(s)Benedict Rogers,Caroline Cox
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Note16 colour, 20 bw illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width175 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.