Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- Description<b>After hurricane Adolph turns New York City into Big Apple Sauce, the good life goes on and on and on for one-percenters like Margaret Hughes. Margaret looks like she's twenty-two, but she's really more than a hundred years old thanks to the life-extension techlogy she and her father developed in the 20th century. As the chief neurosurgeon of the Hughes Renewal Center, she youthanizes only wealthy clientele. Her practice virtually insures the status quo. </b><i> -- Creepily Brilliant! -- Smart and funny (and thrilling too!) -- A razor-sharp sci-fi romp that, like the best speculative fiction, is really a sly, funhouse reflection of the world today. -- You're confronted with some disturbing moral choices, but left laughing out loud along the way. -- I was intrigued on page one and hooked on page two. After the first chapter I couldn't put it down. -- Reminds me of some of T.C. Boyle's more outrageous vels, darkly funny, slightly preposterous and yet so so possible. -- Hilarious and haunting, spinning us into a future that makes today look like a cake walk. </i><i> -- Reminiscent of Margaret Atwood's speculative fiction. -- It's a short hop from today's obsessions with youth and surgically-enhanced beauty to total body recycling, at least for the top .01 percent. -- One minute I'm completely creeped out and horrified. The next I'm laughing. And yes, feeling a little guilty for doing so. -- If you like a fast read, with wit and incredibly interesting characters and more plot than you can shake a cosmetic surgeon's knife at, you'll love The Vessel. -- Sign me up for renewal at The Hughes Renewal Center. I want my own vessel. Hell yeah I do. </i> If you enjoy Margaret Atwood, Robin Cook, Philip K. Dick or Neil Gaiman you'll love Rita Kempley's THE VESSEL.
- Author BiographyRITA KEMPLEY, writer, journalist and editor, spent nearly twenty-five years in the dark as a film critic for The Washington Post. Thousands of screenings later she swears she can review a movie without seeing it. In addition to covering the Cannes and Sundance film festivals, she profiled scores of film personalities. She and her husband, Ed, and their cat, Beau, live in Washington DC.
- Author(s)Rita Kempley
- PublisherBirthright Publishing
- Date of Publication05/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBirthright Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.