Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Vestibular System: A Sixth Sense, leading experts present an integrative, comprehensive and invative look at the sense that Aristotle missed. The vestibular system plays a vital role in everyday life, contributing to a surprising range of functions from reflexes to the highest levels of perception and consciousness. This text t only offers a thorough and fresh review of the basicssensory transduction, the neurophysiology of peripheral and central pathwaysand how vestibular signals are processed in the control of gaze and posture; it significantly moves the discussion forward with its attention to the current research and the field's revolutionary advances, such as the understanding of neural correlates of self-motion and the basis of clinical disorders. In addition, the objective presentation of existing controversies is exciting reading and an extremely important contribution to the text's completeness. Dynamic, intellectually challenging, and unique in its level of integration of the material, this book is essential for anyone interested in understanding the vestibular system.
- Author BiographyJay M. Goldberg, The Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL. Victor J. Wilson, Laboratory of Neurophysiology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY. Kathleen E. Cullen, Laboratory of Neurophysiology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Dora E. Angelaki, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Division of Biology and Biomedical SciencesSchool of Medicine, Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO. Dianne M. Broussard, Division of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, OntarioCanada Jean A. Buttner-Ennever, Institute of Anatomy III, Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany. Kikuro Fukushima, Department of Physiology, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Kitaku, Sapporo, Japan. Lloyd B. Minor, Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD.
- Author(s)Dianne M. Broussard,Dora E. Angelaki,Jay M. Goldberg,Jean A. Buttner-Ennever,Kathleen E. Cullen,Kikuro Fukushima,Lloyd B. Minor,Victor J. Wilson
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note298 illustrations
- Weight1492 g
- Width183 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.