All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, w with a new preface, offers a new history of the fairy tale, revealing the creative role of periodical publication in shaping this genre. Sumpter explores the fairy tale's reinvention for (and by) diverse readerships in unexpected contexts, including debates over evolution, colonialism, socialism, gender and sexuality and decadence.
- Author BiographyCAROLINE SUMPTER Lecturer in Victorian Literature at Queen's University, Belfast, UK. She has written on nineteenth-century literature, science and culture in journals including Victorian Studies, Literature and History, Media History, Cultural and Social History and Nineteenth-Century Contexts.
- Author(s)Caroline Sumpter
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/07/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in Nineteenth-Century Writing and Culture
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2008
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight322 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.