All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe Duke of Wellington's description of the early-nineteenth- century soldier as 'the scum of the earth' and his less famous continuation that 'it really is wonderful that we should have made them the fine fellows they are' could be applied equally to the soldiers of the Victorian period. Although lacking the sophisticated weapons of today, Victorian soldiers were basically different from their present-day successors. This book aims to bring these soldiers to life through their uniforms, weapons, equipment and illustrations of them at war and peace. About the authorDavid Nalson is a member of the Victorian Military History Society and has visited a number of Victorian battlefields. For many years he has been fascinated by the army of Queen Victoria and the personalities involved in it. Now retired, he writes on military history and assists at The Queen's Royal Lancers' Museum.
- Author(s)David Nalson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/01/2001
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleShire Album S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 352
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.