All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe Vimy Expeditions tells the story of a spirited group of individuals who devoted large chunks of their lives and livelihoods to rebuilding the mammoth Vickers F.B.27 Vimy biplane of 1919 and then seeing the world from her open cockpit. Initiated in 1992 by Peter McMillan and Lang Kidby, the Vimy project sought to inspire a new generation of explorers by reenacting the trailblazing Vimy flights of 1919 and 1920 - the first nstop crossing of the Atlantic Ocean, the aerial voyage from England to Australia, and the first flight from England to South Africa. National Geographic chronicled the episodes, which enabled the creation of this remarkable visual journal. Hundreds of magnificent photographs bring to life these thrilling journeys across time and distance. This is your chance to climb into the open cockpit and see the world, both as it is and as it once was. Experience the adventure of a lifetime through the pages of The Vimy Expeditions.
- Author(s)Peter McMillan
- PublisherAviation Adventures
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAviation Adventures
- Content Note450 photographs & maps
- Width300 mm
- Height275 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.